Super Hatch Games
September 1st 2016
Blast, boost, slide and shoot your way past hordes of Avian Warbots as a super-agile Cyber-Flamingo! Featherpunk Prime is a twin-stick shooter-platformer with tight and responsive controls, an array of powerful weaponry and upgradable abilities. Ascend the tower, take down Cybirdroid and free the Flamingos!
Featherpunk Prime development was started in July 2015, after we left Sony. The PC version will be released Thursday September 1st 2016 through Steam and Humble. We hope to follow this up with console, Mac and Linux versions. Featherpunk Prime is inspired by action platformers such as Mega Man and Super Metroid and the level generation of games like Spelunky and Rogue Legacy.
- Combat grows more intense as you ascend the tower, yet more rewarding as you hone your skills and learn strategies to eliminate enemies. Use your surroundings wisely and make sure you prioritise the right foes. Find space between bullets, dodge projectiles and be wary of warbots hunting you down!
- Tight and responsive controls are combined with a range of moves; you can boost through the air, slide under projectiles, cling to walls, dodge attacks, crawl through ducts and… stand on one leg.
- Every floor gives you a new weapon from the ultimate arsenal. Wield classics such as the shotgun, minigun and crossbow, or unleash bouncing bullets, remote mines and heat seeking rockets. Collect Tekcells from bio-eggs and defeated enemies and use them to buy upgrades including more firepower, faster reloads and increased critical hit damage.
- The Cybirdroid Guardians are programmed to kill! They’ll unleash relentless waves of attacks; you’ll need to stay on your claws and use all you have learnt to take them down. Eliminate these brutal bosses to unlock checkpoints and upgrades, such as the Shockwave attack or Overdrive mode!
- Each time you enter this neon-mechanical tower the configuration is new, offering fresh routes to the exit. The Cybirdroid HQ is constructed from carefully hand crafted sections, connected together differently each time you enter. You'll also encounter various traps and hazards, so stay alert!
- Storm the tower to the sound of pumping avian disco beats from Wing Cap Audio!
- To reach the summit of the tower you’ll need to keep your claws on the move and finger on the trigger. Lock… Load… Flamingoooo!
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Fans of games like Metal Slug or Super Time Force should find a comfortable new home here."
- Damien King, GameCynic
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Super Hatch Games allows for the contents of Featherpunk Prime to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Featherpunk Prime is legally & explicitly allowed by Super Hatch Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://superhatchgames.azurewebsites.net/Press/sheet.php?p=featherpunk_prime.
About Super Hatch Games
At our core, we are a two man team of ex-Sony developers who are passionate about creating exciting and engaging games for gamers. Our debut title is Featherpunk Prime, launching September 1st 2016.
More information on Super Hatch Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Featherpunk Prime Credits
Code and Design
Art and Design